24 August 2007

Jones Fracture

Jones fracture is a fracture of the fifth metatarsal of the foot. The fifth metatarsal is at the base of the small toe, and the proximal end, where the Jones fracture occurs, is in the midportion of the foot.

Wondering…what happened to this woman…what makes her write about a fracture…after all I haven’t shown any inclination to medicine in any of pervious writings…

:-( I have been struck…I had a small accident…just twisted my foot and fell…
Doc looks at the X-ray…says Jones fracture, puts me in cast and smiles…I considered giving him a box (for thinking itz funny)…but refrained…I didn’t want a broken hand too…
I think he got a hint of my intentions…for with the same sweet smile he says..
Grounded for 1 week…no walking…
Next 3 weeks take it easy….
And if you don’t listen I shall keep you in hospital…

Me….sit still for 1 week…he must be crazy…I can’t sit still for an hour…

Today is my 6th day in the cast…and I am irritated and bugged and fed up and …and … at a loss of words to explain my frustration

The only upside of this whole situation is the color of the cast…a very pretty blue…

No comments: