15 August 2007

Responsible Citizens???

A few days back I needed to avail the cab services provided by my company to go somewhere.

I found that the cab driver was driving really rash…at one point he jumped the manual signal …the traffic policeman is asking him to stop but he just ignored him blatantly…
Senior colleagues sitting in the cab saw this and had a good laugh…and started discussing how bus/cab drivers are rash and don’t care because they would be fined anyways…

Yours truly should have kept shut…but I just can’t tolerate this. I immediately took off saying that it was our duty as the cab users to insist that he drive carefully…after all if there is an accident we could also get hurt. Even if we report to the admin, it’s not going to work. It’s only the users of the cab that can stop this rash driving.

The looks I got said it all…Thank god this idiot is not a regular in our cab.

Educated people like us want the cab driver to be rash so that we can reach home 5 mins early…I am quite sure that is the maximum time difference this would make…

We all crib about the traffic situation in Bangalore…but where we can make a difference we don’t… so should we be complaining?

1 comment:

Venkat H said...

Dragon...
You beat me on this blog.. i wanted to write the same thing. Main aap se completely sehamat hoon..Absolutely agree..its only the cab users who can make the difference.