23 October 2007

Rakhi Sawant

Hers is not the kind of music I enjoy...so this is not about her as an artist... I can't comment on that as I have never seen even one complete video of hers...I have just seen clips on some news channel every time she has been wrapped up in some controversy.

This is about her as a person. A couple of days back I was watching snippets of Koffee with Karan episodes... where she appears as a guest...maaaannnnnn.....does this woman have guts!!! She came across as an honest person...says what she thinks unabashedly...no double standards...

Many other celebrities appearing on this show have ridiculed her... is it because they are envious of the fact that she is able to say what is on her mind... or are they threatened by the publicity she gets by some of her silly gimmick... But do they really have the right to judge her? Honestly they are mocking themselves by ridiculing her!!!

People have said such nasty things about her – ‘she’s a man who has had a sex change’... ufff... don’t they have anything better to do… but she has taken everything in her stride…

She has had a breast implants...but does not go about hiding it like most others...she admits to it...in fact her comment is one of those quotable quotes..."Jo bhagwan nahi deta, who doctor deta hai" (What is not bestowed by god, is provided by the doctor)...

She could do with a bit of toning down...and talking a little slowly and softly (can I afford to say that...my friend says I ate an amplifier when i was a kid and it has got stuck in my throat...)
Her inability to speak fluent English is not a big issue…if only she would speak her Hindi with a bit more class…

Rakhi on Koffee with Karan is a must see...hope there is a replay soon as I didn’t see the whole episode...

P.S (Are blogs allowed post scripts?) An article on the Rakhi-Mika kiss controversy...

No comments: