22 October 2007

Bhool Bhulaiya...

Recently in a discussion with some friends I was told...Priyadarshan is a really good director...he makes excellent comedies. That and some good ratings on sites made me go watch this movie...I was a bit disappointed…as I expected it to be excellent and it was just a wee bit above average…

Firstly its not a comedy as the trailers suggest...its comedy + horror + thriller...and it seems as an after thought the director thought...let me sprinkle a bit of romance too...(between Akki and Amisha Patel, which really isn't required...)

PreInterval - good, light hearted comedy...the kind of movie that helps you shut off from the world completely and just have a good laugh...akki, paresh rawal, rajpal yadav are all great comedians and don’t let us down.....
There is some amount of suspense/horror too... and for a person like me who really gets involved in the movie...I stifled screams and nearly jumped a couple of times...
First time I have seen Horror and Comedy working soooo well together...

But Post Interval...The script writer seems to have got a bit confused...It is supposed to be a psychological thriller...but I found it to be too abstract...Have you ever been in a never ending maze? Its like that ... interesting initially ...but then one gets bored...and suddenly as you think you are near the end of the maze...you start enjoying it...only to be let down...and left thinking…when is this going to get over?

The comedy bits with Akki are good...and there is a shifting needle of suspicion...as to who is responsible for the eerie events in the mansion...a ghost or someone from the household... which manages to keep the interest in the film...but once the secret of the ghost is out its difficult to sit through the rest of the mambo jambo...and I would have walked out had it not been for Vidya Balan...She’s amazing...her role demanded great histrionics ...and she delivers with her incredible performance...

No comments: