12 September 2007

Stray Birds

Another upside of the fractured foot is the amount of reading I have been doing these last few days...

Read Rabindranath Tagore's Stray Birds...simple and short verses but with so much depth...(well that is Tagore!!)
It contains thoughts on Nature, Man, and the Environment ...

Imagine yourself sitting by a window where the stray birds of summer sing and fly away...the thoughts are like these stray birds ...however they fly away to come back to you again and again...

Some of the verses that I enjoyed ...I actually enjoyed all...but I think I should leave you to read the them yourself..

6
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.

42
You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long

71
The woodcutter's axe begged for its handle from the tree.
The tree gave it.


113
The hills are like shouts of children who raise their arms,
trying to catch stars.


124
"In the moon thou sendest thy love letters to me," said the night to the sun.
"I leave my answers in tears upon the grass."


135
This rainy evening the wind is restless.
I look at the swaying branches and ponder over the greatness of all things.

No comments: