24 September 2007

Best Friends....

"Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend,
as you will always find me yours."

I still remember my first day in MH hostel...Room no C9...Room mate ...Namrita Sharma...In 2-3 days only I realised (I think both of us realised) that we were poles apart...

I was Miss Organized...too spic and span...got up early...never missing even the 1st lecture of the day ...she was just the opposite...The hostlers went for classes in Tees & Salwars with rubber chappals...In contrast I was overdressed...jeans, tees and shoes n socks...

Sometimes she would be sitting in the room with some friends and I would enter...silence...I would always get this feeling that they were laughing at me...

She once was about to enter the room and heard me cribbing about her to one of my friends...she was hurt...but never showed it...

She would make it a point to get up early to go with me for breakfast...wait for me to attend my last lecture so that we could have lunch together...

Now when I think back...I can’t remember when and how the differences just melted away...when we became inseparable friends…it’s going to be 13 years now…and she remains my best friend till date…

No comments: